Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Take Two

Many are the plans in a man's heart,
but it is the LORD's purpose that prevails. -- Proverbs 19:21
How incredibly true that is. I had so many great ideas for what to write about, endless sets of "series" about all sorts of topics, and yet a few weeks into it, I stopped writing, for SIX MONTHS. Why? Because I fell out of the habit for a few days, and then couldn't get going again. Because I got stuck on part 3 of a series and had "promised" that would be next. Because I was lazy. Because they were my plans and not His.

I want to say that I'm back for good now. That I've learned my lesson. But who am I kidding? What I do know with decent certainty is that God wants me to write. What I also know is that I shouldn't plan out too much. Spend time with God; listen; write. That's my new plan.

God, may this time be your purpose, and not my plans.

No comments: